Thursday, March 22, 2012

Are You Ready for That Job Interview?

I recently celebrated my 6th year anniversary as an employee in the company that I am currently connected with. And what is the best way of celebrating it? By having my very first interview assignment!

redstarresume.wordpress.com
Six years ago, I experienced the same dilemma that every job applicant has to experience — the one-on-one interview that will make you or break you for the job the you are wanting to achieve. The job interview is just one the keys to enter a potential company. This may put you to continue or end your job hunting career. Well, if you still don't know, a job interview is the first supervisor-subordinate relationship that you will encounter once you decided to apply for a position. This is where you build and establish your working relationship with others.



A long came an interview

Every applicant or job seeker encounters this heart-pounding moment — including myself was not really an exception. I remember my interview with my former supervisor. It was short but a bit funny, we were actually laughing while she was interviewing me. Interviews come in different forms. I was just so lucky that my interview went well, I ended up getting the writing job.

Six years and several paper works later, I was promoted by the company for a bigger opportunity and responsibility. I became a supervisor, which in turn, will become a part of the several interviews that a potential applicant in our company can encounter, well at least in our department.

How I handled my interviews in the past


Before I landed on my current job and position in the company, I too, underwent several job interviews with not just one, but to a lot of different companies and nature of work. I have talked to different company honchos and big wigs. I was also one of those people who fearlessly face the job interviews in several different companies everywhere.

Yes, at first, I was nervous facing each interviewer, but several succeeding interviews later, I got tired of being nervous and focus myself on being awesome instead. Somehow, becoming awesome to different interviews lets you show the "real" you — and that's what most companies are looking for!

Becoming awesome to several interviews does not mean you have to tell stories that are ridiculously unbelievable. Sometimes, a relaxed self, a focused mind, a courageous heart, and a happy disposition are the only weapons that you need to in facing the battle for a most desired position in a company

recruiterpoet.com

Living the dream


I never thought that one day, I will be the one who is conducting the interview. But I always picture myself doing the interview to potential applicants, however, it never really happened to me until my 6th year anniversary in the company that I am connected with. I guess patience really is a virtue. It is my life-long dream actually to be the one who will be conducting the interview.

The experiences that I have encountered in several interviews in the past lead me on reflecting the different job interview questions that I have encountered since this time, I will be doing the interview, I should remember the questions that were asked to me.

And so I returned in time and caught a glimpse of me during one interview in another company. But this time, I did not focus on myself rather, I was focused with the interviewer. I listed down the questions that the interviewer was asking me, thus the list of common job interview questions below was born.

So before kicking yourself and drag your way to a company for the job interview that you wanting to have, you might want to review first the following common job interview questions and think of the proper answer/s for each question. Happy job hunting!

Job interview is a success!
Common Job Interview Question for Beginner Job Hunters

1. Tell me something about yourself that is not listed on your resume.

2. Why did you least your last job?

3. Why did you apply for this position?

4. How do you establish a working relationship with new people?

5. What computer programs are familiar with?

6. What experience do you have in this field?

7. What kind of salary do you need?

8. Why should we hire you? / What qualities do you have that will make us hire you?

9. What are you looking for a job / career?

10. Which one is more important — money or work?

11. What qualities are you looking for in a boss?

12. What are your biggest disappointments / mistakes in your previous work? How did you manage it?

13. How do you handle stress at work?

14. If you were I, what qualifications will you look for this position?

15. Did you have an argument with your former co-workers? How did you resolve this argument?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

From the Archive

Follow Me on Twitter

Total Pageviews


website stats

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines