Sunday, August 3, 2014

Featured Recipe: Rolled Oats Porridge with Chocolate Raisins and Dried Mangoes


When I buy a bag of rolled oats in the supermarket, I always try to buy something that will make my rolled oats porridge fancy when I eat it. Sometimes I also buy a pack of trail mix (assorted nuts), raisins, fruits, and milk to upgrade my rolled oats porridge's taste.

In this particular photo (the photo may not be that good, but I assure you, it does taste great!), I topped some chocolate raisins and that locally-made dried mangoes for me to enjoy my rolled oats. What I did was to cook the rolled oats, put some powdered milk by the end of the cooking, pour the contents into a bowl, and top it with chocolate raisins and dried mangoes.

The taste of the rolled oats porridge turned out just right. If you want to try this cooked rolled oats recipe, here are the steps on how to cook or prepare it:

Rolled Oats Porridge with Chocolate Raisins and Dried Mangoes Recipe

Ingredients:

1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
1 cup water
3 tablespoons powdered milk
10 grams dried mangoes
10 grams chocolate raisins
1 tablespoon sugar (optional)

Procedure:
1. Put the uncooked rolled oats into a small sauce pan and let it boil with water for 5 to 10 minutes depending on the consistency of the porridge you want. On the last minute of cooking, put three tablespoons of powdered milk. You may use liquid fresh milk to cook the rolled oats if you are not fond of eating or drinking powdered milk. Turn off the fire and serve in a bowl.

2. Top your bowl of rolled oats porridge with dried mangoes and chocolate raisins. You may add a tablespoon of sugar for sweet taste. Serve immediately while it's still hot. Makes 1 serving.

It's so easy, isn't it? This recipe is best eaten during breakfast. Why don't you try this healthy recipe now for something new or to fancy that bland rolled oats porridge. Share us your experience below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

From the Archive

Follow Me on Twitter

Total Pageviews


website stats

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines