Saturday, January 28, 2012

Funny is the New Sexy: A "New Girl" Addiction Rush!


There are certain things that a woman can be attractive to a man. But for me, I only set three standards. First, she must be intelligent; second, she must has a short hair; and lastly, she must has a good sense of humor. Although, Zooey Deschanel's character "Jess" in her new American TV series, "New Girl" wears a long, wavy black hair, it is far more important for me that a girl is intelligent and has a witty sense of humor. Zooey Deschanel never failed my expectations.



"New Girl" is an American TV series/sitcom which tells the story of Jess who had broke up with her douchebag live-in partner/boyfriend/fiance of six years when she found out he was cheating on her. In order for her to get over the failed relationship, she moved to a new apartment or loft where three young bachelors live.

In her new home, Jess makes friends with a brokenhearted bar tender, law school student wannabe Nick Miller (Jake Johnson), a douchebag lawyer called Schmidt (Max Greenfield), who works as the only male employee in his company, and an unemployed former basketball player, Wilson Bishop (Lamorne Morris), who easily picks up a new talent but fails to enjoy routinely work. Jess has a superhot model friend named Cece Meyers (Hannah Simone) who Schmidt has eyes for.

Who can't fall for those stare?
Jess reminds me of someone whom I met several years ago — she's funny and intelligent at the same time. She makes me laugh whenever we talk random things. Moreover, she has a witty personality, just like Jess. More importantly, she has brains for serious and intelligent conversations. A beautiful face doesn't simply give me the instant attraction. I don't fall easily with a beautiful face. A girl who is intelligent, has a short hair, and a witty sense of humor — that's what catches my attention more.

Zooey Deschanel's Jess character actually exceeds my expectations of a you-funny-sexy-intelligent-kind-of-being thing. Her coping strategies to forget her break-up are simply a turn on. Ask every guy who watches "New Girl" and they will tell you Zooey Deschanel is the new IT girl in town! I will even bet our rice cooker if there is a man who will not fall for Zooey Deschanel's charm on television! Hah!

Anyway, if you're into awesome comedy viewing series mode, I highly recommend watching the new series "New Girl". It's simply an awesome viewing habit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

From the Archive

Follow Me on Twitter

Total Pageviews


website stats

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines